Quinta da Pedra Escrita White Biological 2017 – Fábrica do Azeite

Quinta da Pedra Escrita White Biological 2017

Quinta da Pedra Escrita White Biological 2017

15.00 

Very citric and mineral aroma, notes of grapefruit, discrete exotic fruits and country flowers complexed by a strong minerality from the exclusively granitic soil, with a very discreet smokiness.

Out of stock

SKU: VN00012 Category:

Description

GRAPES – Alvarinho, Verdelho, Rabigato and Viognier.

 

ORIGIN – Quinta da Pedra Escrita is located in Freixo de Numão, in Douro Superior, at an average altitude of 575 meters. The dry and arid soils are predominantly granite, sandy and very poor in nutrients. We replanted the Quinta because we believe that the granite soils give origin to wines with aromas of extreme complexity and great longevity as in the past.

 

VINIFICATION – Manual harvesting into small 15 Kg perforated boxes. The grapes are pressed without crushing and without destemming in order to preserve all the aromatic potential of the grapes. A great effort is made so that all pre-fermentation operations are carried out with the utmost rigour, being responsible for the intrinsic quality of the future wine. 1/4 of the wine ferments in used French oak wood and thereafter is racked over fine lees with periodic “battonage” until the final blend is made at the end of spring.

 

AGING – 25% of the lot ferments in used French oak barrels and the remaining 75% in stainless steel vats, for 6 months with lees preparation until bottling. Ageing in bottle is a minimum of 4 months.

 

ALCOHOL – 12,5%.

 

TASTING NOTES – Very citric and mineral aroma, notes of grapefruit, exotic discrete fruits and country flowers complexed by a strong minerality of the exclusively granite soil, with a very discrete smoked. Very persistent and fresh mouth with very lively citrus notes defined in a very elegant set, with very fresh and persistent acidity.

 

GASTRONOMY – Fatty and smoked fish, seafood, exceptional with semi-cured sheep cheese, great general gastronomic aptitude.

 

ALERGEN – Contains sulphites.

Additional information

Weight 0.750 kg

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Quinta da Pedra Escrita White Biological 2017”
X